Home and School Group
Haumoana School is extremely well supported by its Home and School Group. Our school has been fortunate to benefit form a full digital upgrade thanks to the wonderful efforts of our Home and School Group who are supporting the Board of Trustees vision for leading edge digital technology for all children in all classes.
All parents/caregivers and teachers are regarded as members of Home and School and as such are most welcome at any meeting. Home and School provides an avenue for you to be involved in the school your child is attending.
Our main objectives are:
- To provide a link for the transfer of information between the school and the community.
- To bring parents, teachers and the community together for social activities.
- To run the school uniform shop.
- To be a source of feedback and assistance to the BOT, senior staff and teachers.
- To educate parents on matters of interest pertaining to the school community.
- To help in raising funds to provide facilities, opportunities and resources for members of the school community, our biggest event being our annual Market Day each November.
Meetings are held once a month, usually the second Wednesday of the month commencing at 7.00pm in the school staff room and these meetings provide a good opportunity to meet new people and to also hear the latest happenings in the school.